Bernat Baby Blanket
The nights are drawing in and the evenings are getting cooler, so keep your little bundle of joy warm and cosy this season with a comfy and easy to make baby blanket using soft yarn in beautiful pastel shades.
You Will Need:
- Bernat® Baby Blanket™ (3.5 oz/100 g; 72 yds/65 m)
- Contrast A Peachy (03510) 4 balls
- Contrast B White (03005) 4 balls
- Approx 38” [96.5 cm] square.
- 8 sts and 16 rows = 4” [10 cm] in pat.
- Approx = Approximately
- K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together
- Kfb = Increase 1 stitch by knitting into front and back of next stitch
- Pat = Pattern
- Psso = Pass slipped stitch over
- Rep = Repeat
- Sl1 = Slip next stitch knitwise
- Ssk = Slip next 2 stitches knitwise one at a time. Pass them back onto left-hand needle, then knit through back loops together
- St(s) = Stitch(es)
With A, cast on 3 sts.
1st and 2nd rows: Kfb. Knit to end of row.
3rd and 4th rows: Kfb. Purl to end of row.
Rep last 4 rows 7 times more. 35 sts. Break A.
With B, rep last 4 rows 8 times more. 67 sts. Break B. With A, rep last
99 sts. Break A. With B, rep last 4 rows 4 times more. 115 sts. Do not break B
1st and 2nd rows: ssk. Knit to end of row.
3rd and 4th rows: ssk. Purl to end of row.
Rep last 4 rows 3 times more. 99 sts. Break B.
With A, rep last 4 rows 8 times more. 67 sts. Break A
With B, rep last 4 rows 8 times more. 35 sts. Break B.
With A, rep last 4 rows 8 times more. 3 sts. Next row: Sl1. K2tog. psso. Fasten off.