Gardening Birthday Card
: If you’re a fan of the Couture paper-piecing designs, you’ll love this new collection inspired by nature. Begin with a base—here, we’re using the Shed Edger combination—then choose coordinating embellishments to add colour and style… and create your own bespoke garden house!
You Will Need:
- Couture The Shrubbery Collection (Shed Edger 1, Shed Edger 2, Tree Outline, Flowers, Shed, Leaves, Roof, Boot, Happy Birthday, Pattern 1, Pot 1, Pot 2)
- Plain cardstock in green, grey, blue and pink
- Plain cardstock in white and black
- Tattered Lace A4 Cut Tidy
- SNAP Machine SNAP Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine
- White pearl embellishments
- Tattered Lace Pokey Tool
Place the Shed Edger 1, Shed Edger 2 and Tree Outline onto white cardstock. Secure in place with low-tack tape. .
Run through the cutting machine and remove the die. Glue the cut shed onto a 15.5cm x 14.5cm piece of blue card, then glue to the front of a 16cm x15cm card base.
Cut the Shed Edger 1 from black card, and snip off the top portion of the roof. Glue it to the white shed.
Die cut the following elements as shown. The roof is made from two pink cuts of Pattern 1 (the scallops) glued to a Roof cut from pink.
The Boot is cut from grey, then glued to pink card and trimmed out with scissors. The Happy Birthday greeting is cut from white, then glued to green and trimmed out with scissors.
Glue the roof to the shed.
Glue two leaves and the Happy Birthday.
Add the pots, more leaves and the boot.
Add the flowers as accents, and glue a pearl on either side of the birthday sentiment.