Simple layers of stencilling and stamping are used to create this beautiful dream canvas.
You Will Need:
- 5x7 white canvas board
- Acrylic paint: Pale blue, pale olive green, white
- Stamping ink: Ranger Achival Ink: Olive Green, Black
- Misc lightweight card: For die-cutting: American Crafts: Olive Green. Black. Printed grid pattern.
- Stencils: large spots (The Crafters Workshop), small spots & small chevron (That’s Crafty)
- Stamps: script (background ( ECF PaperArtsy), alphabet strip (JOFY PaperArtsy)
- Dies: Spellbinders Nestabillities ‘circles’; Sizzix ‘Sentiments’; Sizzix ‘Meadow Leaves’
- Misc embellishments: resin flower, wood bird, button, fine string (from designers stash)
- Tools: Die cutting machine (Baby Blue), Acrylic block (for use with unmounted stamps), heat tool, white gel pen, 3d foam, Tombow glue stick, Ranger Matte Medium Gel.
Paint the canvas with green paint. Paint green around the edges and blend with white paint to create a lighter patch in the centre (slightly off-set to the top right of the canvas).
Visualise the canvas split into 3 vertical sections. Add large blue spots to the left third using pale blue acrylic paint and a spotty stencil. Paint can be applied with a sponge or a stencil brush. Dry.
Use a small spot stencil to add white spots in middle third of the canvas – position the stencil so it overlap the blue spots slightly and is slightly lower than centre. Dry.
Using white acrylic paint stencil chevrons onto the canvas. Alter the orientation of the stencil and the direction of the chevrons. Dry.
Ink up the alphabet strip stamp with Archival Black ink and stamp onto the canvas, overlapping the stencilled chevrons.
Scribble circles around a few of the large blue spots using a white gel pen.
Stamp (in Olive Archival ink) the big script stamp – use second generation print to create a softer, paler image.
Die cut leaves. Cut three from olive coloured card, and colour the edges of one of the die cuts with ink to create shading and differentiate it from the others.
Die cut ‘dream’ from black card.
Die cut a circle from patterned card. I chose a grid patterned card but any will work with this project. Drag the edges with the blue paint used for the spots, this will soften the edges and help it ‘blend’ into the canvas.
Cut (or die cut) a small tag from a neutral coloured paper. Attach the ‘dream’ to the tag using Matte Medium, and use 3d foam to attach a length of thread.
Use the photograph as inspiration/reference and arrange the die cut elements and other embellishments you want to include and attach them to the canvas. I used Matte Medium and Tombow glue.