These lavender bags are easy to make and are the perfect gift for Mother’s day.
- One 50g ball of Debbie Bliss eco baby in Primrose 37, Lilac 44 or Duck Egg 08
- Pair of 3mm (US 2-3) knitting needles
- Approximately 20g/3/4oz of dried lavender flowers for each bag
- 15cm/6in of narrow ribbon (optional)
- 26 sts and 45 rows to 10cm/4in square over moss st using 3mm (US 2-3) needles.
- K - knit
- P - purl
- Rep - repeat(ing)
- St(s) - stitch(es)
With 3mm (US 2-3) needles, cast on 21 sts.
Moss st row K1, [p1, k1] to end. Rep this row until piece measures 16cm/6 1/4in. Cast off.
Join cast-on to cast-off edge to form a tube.
Flatten the tube at one end, with the seam centrally placed and join the row ends.
Flatten the open end of the tube and with the seam to one side, join the row ends, leaving approximately 4cm/11/2in of the seam open.
Fill with dried lavender flowers and close the seam completely. If you wish to hang the lavender bag, sew a loop of narrow ribbon to the top.