Sunset Masked Background Card
“Making a masked background is a lot of fun and can be done with any water based inks. You can use your choice of colours and it really makes the stamped image pop without having to colour in!” - Shabneez Khan-Muztar
You Will Need:
- Tim Holtz Distress Mini Ink Pad Picked Raspberry
- Tim Holtz Distress Mini Ink Pad Abandoned Coral
- Tim Holtz Distress Mini Ink Pad Mustard Seed
- Tim Holtz Distress Mini Ink Pad Carved Pumpkin
- C&C Core Collection Smooth White Cardstock
- C&C Core Collection Smooth Black Cardstock
- Versafine Clair Ink Pad Nocturne
- Stamps By Me A5 Stamp Set Shine Bright
- Pinkfresh Studio Tealightful Stamp Set
- Versamark Ink Pad
- Sweet Dixie Ultrafine Embossing Powder Glacier White
- Tonic Studios Nuvo Drops Dandelion Yellow
- Tonic Nuvo Drops Ripened Pumpkin
- Tonic Nuvo Drops Autumn Red
- Tonic Nuvo Drops Party Pink
- Low Tack Tape
- Pinflair Bookbinding Glue
Take a sheet of 10cm x 14.5 cm white card and attach to your craft mat with low tack tape at the sides. Take the yellow ink and with an applicator blend the ink on to the card using a circular motion.
Add the orange, then red and finally the pink ink and keep adding ink until you are happy with your blended background.
Add some water to your background through your hand and mop up the excess with a paper towel.
Stamp the image with black ink (I’ve used a stamping platform for ease). I’ve stamped it diagonally to give it a different look.
Stamp the sentiment on a piece of 10cm x 2cm black card with Versamark Watermark ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder.
To make up the card: Take a 6x4” black card blank and stick the white stamped card on top leaving a black border. Adhere the sentiment strip 11cm from the top of your card.
To finish add nuvo crystal drops in sets of three randomly on your card.